washer wont spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ihave a hotpoint wma35 washer that is 3 yrs old but it will not fast spin with only a few items on a full load it works fine can anyone help

Sponsored Links
it might be the carbon brushes If it is the carbon brushes, then when turning with a light load or with no clothes inside it should be making a gratering or crackling noise as the brushes spark. but because you say the drum does turn with a light load - more commonly when brushes wear out the motor just doesn't work at all

a loose drive belt might also cause the drum with a light load in.

and also
if it isn't the carbon brushes it may be something more serious and I would get Hotpoint out under their free 5-year parts guarantee.

I bet its NOT, hotpoint have "out of balance detection" which means if the load is out of balance it will only spin at ditribution speed. This is to stop the m/c "dancing" over the floor.

The remedy is to take some things out when spinning.

I was once called out because it wouldn't spin one sweatshirt, it wont, not meant to, put towel in with it spun like a dream

check the manual if you do not believe me, also its onlys since about 7years ago that they can do this

Message to sparky (sfd) you can click the EDIT button yo add to your own post

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back