Washerless Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a bath mixer tap from B & Q, see bottom link.

The tap is leaking badly and I believe I need a new cartridge, I have managed to remove the cartridge but can't find anywhere to buy a new one.

I'm not even sure if it's the cartridge or if it maybe had a rubber washer on it that has worn out. I've added a picture below:

Any advice on where to buy these would be great ?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...&fh_refpath=facet_styleStyle&ts=1193954785139

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply, I've called them and emailed them pictures but they said they couldn't help.

strange always been helpful
i always use them as last result because of haveing to wait for postage but always been good.

did they say a reason why they couldn't.

Sponsored Links
I called and found the guy very helpful, he asked me to send him tap details and photos of the cartridge so I did.

Unfortunately the email response wasn't as helpful as the guy on the phone, all it said was:

"Sorry cannot help. You have no chance unless you can find the make and model."

I had sent them the link to the B & Q site but have now copied and pasted the details from the site which include Manufacturer name and part number so hopefully I will get a better response !

B&q warehouse should have a load of replacement parts, especially for one that comes from them. give b&q head office a call and ask them.

i was thinking along the lines of the -revive a tap- products. screwfix do a handy set as well, fits on loads of different taps.

I would buy a new tap, and I wouldn't get it from B&Q.

Or eBay.

Or Screwfit.

Or a French hypermarket.

Or daaaahn the markit on the weekend nyver.

£43 for a cartridge so I took the old one apart and found no washers so bought one for 20p and put it where the water was coming from, problem solved on both bath and basin saving me £80 !

Well done sivey - that's a good result.

OOI, where did you put the washer? :confused:

On the ball inside the cartridge where the water was getting through and up onto the tap handle.

In there it looked like there was little bits of rubber which may at some time have been a washer !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back