Shower Head / how to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I recentley purchased this from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...efview=lister&ts=1268074399600&isSearch=false

However it does not come with any fixings for the shower head (to fix to wall ) or conections to connect to 15mm copper pipe ( tap connector?).
Whats the best way to achieve this?

Also the mixer just has female threads, i assume i can get something from plumb merchants to get this to connect to my existing 15mm copper pipes?

Also while I'm at it should i make improvents like 1 way valve on cold pipe or just leave it as is?. I mention this as it goes on about shower head sucking water back in or something along those lines.!

Thanks for any help on the matter

Sponsored Links
oneway of doing shower head is to use a wall plate.
p4753215_x.jpg

as for the mixer use these this is a 15mm female iron.
compression20to20mi.jpg

your not going to get any backflow with that shower head being about 6ft in the air.
your mixer will useally have check valves in.

Thanks for the reply, help much appreciated. I have purchased these items today.

I am now installing it and have come stuck. Do i just use ptf tape on the threads or am i suppose to insert some kind of sealing washers, as with there been no olives not sure how it is supposed to be water tight.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Lots of PTFE tape on shower head to wall plate elbow. You will probably need a few attempts to get the right amount and the shower head tight when in the down position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back