Tapmate Galaxy Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought and fitted a mixer tap in my kitchen which, apart from the following, works perfectly and doesn't leak.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...<{8530206}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1145119956557

There is a considerable amount of up-and-down play in the (R/H) cold tap lever - the bit that turns through 45 degrees.

I'm reluctant to remove the thing and return it to B & Q for an exchange if there's something I can easily adjust myself.

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Many thanks........

Sponsored Links
Pelicantilos said:
Can anyone offer any ideas?
1. Unscrew the cover on the top of the tap handle.
2. Reach for a screwdriver of the correct type and size.
3. Do up the screw.
4. Replace the cover.
5. Stand back in amazement.
6. Come back here and thank the entire forum for being here.

Strictly speaking step 5 is optional, but step 6 isn't ;)

Thanks!

I've had a look at the tap and there seems no obvious way of undoing the cover on the top of the tap handle without damaging the chrome. I've tried to grip it (gently) with a pair of pliers but they keep slipping!!

In that case it may of the type that isn't screwed on.

Try prising it off with the side of a reasonably sharp knife.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.

A kitchen knife and a small phillips screwdriver did the trick - problem solved.

PS. Mrs Pelicantilos and I are now stood back in amazement, in complete awe of the members of this forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back