New Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just installed one of these and all is ticketyboo, however!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...efview=lister&ts=1292920935873&isSearch=false

They cistern keeps dripping into the pan and this in turn means the inlet has to constantly keep refilling? The whole flush system seems a little more complex is there something I need adjusting or would this be faulty straight out of the box?

I have disconnected the supply for the momemnt to save on wasted water :confused:

Any helps as always fully appreciated

Rusty

Sponsored Links
Reduce the water evel, it is overflowing. The instructions you got with the kit will tell you how.

Thanks for the reply, I adjusted the level to reach the 6L mark in the cistern as per the instructions...? :confused:

There is a small adjuster screw on the inlet which has a plastic & foam 'float' which I guess is a type of stopcock that you turn to get the water up to the level.

It has a dual top mounted flush if that helps?

The valve looks similar to this http://www.wickes.co.uk/Fluidmaster-Float-Valve-Side-Entry/invt/420062

You might have to have it below the 6 ltr mark.

Merry Christmas

Sponsored Links
Update

I remove the cistern and rescrewed the flush mechanism and reduced the amount to under 6L. This seems to have reduced the amount of water entering the bowl into a very slow trickle.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this trickle stop. As I mentioned I have cut off the water by an isolation valve and I would presume that over time the cistern would empty...?

Thanks for any help

Merry christmas

Update

I remove the cistern and rescrewed the flush mechanism and reduced the amount to under 6L. This seems to have reduced the amount of water entering the bowl into a very slow trickle.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this trickle stop. As I mentioned I have cut off the water by an isolation valve and I would presume that over time the cistern would empty...?

Thanks for any help

Merry christmas

well turn off the water and see if the cistern does empty, if it does it isnt the overflow and maybe the flush mechanism is passing water.

Hi

Yeah thats what I meant
As I mentioned I have cut off the water by an isolation valve and I would presume that over time the cistern would empty...?

Would the flush valve be faulty or is it a matter of adjusting something?

Hi

Yeah thats what I meant
As I mentioned I have cut off the water by an isolation valve and I would presume that over time the cistern would empty...?

Would the flush valve be faulty or is it a matter of adjusting something?

poss, impossible to tell without looking.

first you need to see if it 'does' empty completely, becasue if it doesnt, its not the flush valve, could just be the join between the cistern and and the pan.

it it come complete? did you have to put the cistern together?

Hi

Came complete so I would have thought it was assembled properly?

Hi

Came complete so I would have thought it was assembled properly?

the seal between the flush mechanism and the cistern sometimes doesnt seal.

normally i always take them apart and apply silicone bewteen the gasket and the cistern, saves having to strip them down once fitted.

I've had similar thing. Adjusted etc but couldn't stop the trickle. Fix was to rotate the complete "float"? assembly thing about 90degress. Never understood how it actually worked but it did fix problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back