Washing machine cold water feed relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,
I'm going to move the washing machine to a new location. Cold water feed machine. I believe I should replace the washers in the plastic cold water feed pipe shown, and I also need to connect to the water supply in the new location.
1. What washers do I need?
2. What fitting do I need to put on this existing pipe that used to feed a basin? Nut and I've to come off first.

Thank you in advance for your advice

Mutley56

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2346.JPG
    IMG_2346.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 266
Sponsored Links
You can use the valve that it's currently connected to, alternatively as you already have a tap on the old basin supply pipe then a 15mm compression to 3/4" straight male coupler will do for the washing machine connection.
shopping

The washers you need are 3/4" appliance washers with filters, get them from most sheds, if you're unsure then take one of the old ones with you though you may find that the originals might still be serviceable if they haven't been overtightened.

Hope that standpipe runs down into a trap.

For the hose use 3/4" rubber washers, if they need replacing.
If you are using the isolator shown here (with blue dot), then removing the pipe and nut from the male thread on the load side, should allow the water input hose to be directly connected to it. If not, replace hat isolator with a washing machining isolator.

img_2346-jpg.112685

Sponsored Links
Apologies, must have been the way I read it then, I thought you said take the pipe and nut off the outlet side of the 15mm ISO valve and then the 3/4" ended hose would connect directly to that end of the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back