Washing machine drain hose routing. (This is an old post) (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here and a first time buyer in the last month, so this is really my first time needing to do much DIY so I'm a bit of a novice with most things so excuse my ignorance please.

I need to move my front loading washing machine as I'm adding a dishwasher to the kitchen.
I have both a 2.5m drain hose extention and a 2.5m cold water supply hose extention.
The washer is going around 2.5m from the sink, so the distance of piping should be around right, and the waste pipe terminates in a u bend under the kitchen sink and will be secured over the pipe using a tight clip.
What I'm not sure about is how to position the waste.
The simple solution to me is simply run the pipe out the machine to the space under the cabinets attach it along the skirting boards then up through the cabinet before the sink then down into the waste pipe.
However reading about it, it may cause standing water in the pipe and water draining back to the machine.

The other next thought was take the drain hose straight up to the top of the worktop at the back of the washer, then run the pipe at a slight downward angle all the way pretty much to the drain connection., However that would run the pipe behind the already fitted oven , and I have no idea what the layout behind that is, or how to go about pulling it out, it's a gas hob, electric oven thing.
It's probably a basic, very obvious job for most on here, but as I say, I'm a newbie haha.
Any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back