Washing machine - extending hose connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine hose connects to an extended hose, which is turn is connected to the waste under the sink. From what I can gather, retail shops will only connect directly into a waste pipe, so won't connect a new machine. Being a lone female, will be be fairly easy to undo the travel bolts, level up machine (I can slightly lift my present one) and connect the washing machine hose to the extending one? Do I need to buy any kind a adapter/connection for the hoses?

Sponsored Links
You can do it no problem, the hose connections will be still in place from the old machine.Try disconnecting your old machine before the new one comes and you'll see how straightforward it is

Tip for moving a machine (if you dont mind having it dragged across the floor) - get down on your bum and push with your legs. ;) Helps to have a wall behind you too! This will damage delicate floors though.

Travel bolts dead easy.

Use your old hoses, cant go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back