washing machine waste hose cut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have inadvertently damaged the washing machine waste hose and had to cut off the rubber connector at the end. The hose must connect to an outlet (not straight into the waste pipe) and I cannot find a connector that would either fit the end of the hose (so I can connect it to the outlet) or allow me to connect the damaged hose to an extension hose. A visit to BQ and local plumber merchant had no results; I was advised to try heat up the hose and push it over the outlet. Not sure how easy or secure this will be though...any advice is appreciated before having to move this posting into the 'disaster' forum ...

Cristina

Sponsored Links
If you can get it over the outlet, it can be secured with a jubilee clip, better off inside the outlet though.

It actually is the same identical size as the outlet. It doesn't fit either in or over...tried in many ways, even warming up with steam...

Sponsored Links
f I was brighter I'd do you a picture, but checkout Screwfix 37103 for a waste pipe connector (2 jubilee clips needed) to resurrect your severed waste.....if the other bit isn't around, then add 78930 to the connector (chucking most of it away).
John :)

I have already purchased both...the outlet 37103 hose connector is the same size as the hose and the existing waste pipe outlet...17mm..it just won't accommodate it no matter how much I push and squeeze...I have looked for a 16/15 mm one but to no avail....

Try dunking the pipe end in boiling water for a few minutes - it should soften enough for you to pop the connector on. They are tight though!

Or just buy the proper waste pipe and slot it on the pump.

That has to be the next move...generally you can get where you need to be by laying the machine over on its side, on a soft pad.

I've done the how water trick, no joy. I have read posts about disconnecting and replacing the hose from the machine itself and I think that's were the post could potentially be moved to the 'disasters ' forum. I am not sure I can attempt this. I am now planning to find another (smaller) hose, cut it and do a makeshift reducer, enough to connect two hoses (one with the right ending), by slotting into the two parts and sealing it with silicone...wish me luck!

...failing that, I'll look into the replacement of the hose route...

Cristina, go for the complete new hose......please!
Even if it means calling someone out, its the correct way to go.

Can u post make and model and someone will tell you how easy it is to fit the right hose. At the moment it is gonna leak and cost you more money. A proper hose is about a tenner and five mins to fit.

Right it's a washer dryer , part no is. Cooo91775 £7.49 plus vat. Remove rear panel undo the round plastic clip that the hose goes into , then unclip the hose off the pump with a pair of pliers and then feed pipe though the hole in the back and push onto pump refit clip. Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back