washing machine waste hose cut off

Sponsored Links
I have sorted this out by fitting a trap and waste with outlet under the sink for the dishwasher and just putting the washing machine hose straight into the waste pipe, now free. However, another problem has arise...cold water feed for washing machine now needs to accommodate the dishwasher as well. I bought one of those Y plastic adaptor, and leaks like hell. I tighten it lightly, then less lightly, it just keeps swivelling and leaking.
Any better one out there?

Sponsored Links
That sounds like you are missing one (or more) of the rubber washers that fit inside the hose connector unions. There should be one inside each union nut, including the one on the 'Y'.

If the washer is in there, and the union nut is binding before it clamps everything tight (some valves seem to have quite short threads), add another washer (or two) to the joint to pack it out.

Spare washers are available from most of the DIY stores.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back