Extending washing machine hose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just installed a integrated washing machine which I am draining to a sink trap. The drainage hose is just a tad to short to reach the spigot and obviuosly I want to make sure it drains properly.

Whats the best way to extend the washing machine drainage hose to enable it to reach the spigot?

Ry G

Sponsored Links
install a standpie instead.
spiggost are known to get blocked by lint causing problems and some times if the pipe drops your washer may back fill from the sink.

cant if its a stand pipe

I cant install a standpipe behind the washing machine as there is not enough room behind the machine to keep the front of it level with the rest of the cupboards.

Sponsored Links
Cool Fair point, hadn't thought of that!! :D

I think I may still have an issue in the fact that even then the pipe wouldn't be long enough to go into the pipe.

Washing machine hose coupler, looks like 2 garden hose fittings glued together. Don’t forget the jubilee clips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back