Washing machine drain pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry this is a rather basic question.... What's the best instument to use to cut washing machine drain pipes? If I use a large hacksaw I can't seem to get it square as the blade bends.... I've never had any leaks arising from the fact they are not quite square until I got a phone call the other day after putting in a washing machine for someone...... :rolleyes:

Thanks to any replies

Jon

Sponsored Links
large pipe cutter, I tend to put a piece of 32mm pipe into the 40mm pipe and then cut through it, to stop the thing flexing.

Dunno why people always seem to use hacksaws on waste pipes. I just use a general purpose wood saw with fine tooth- never get any wandering with one of those.

Sponsored Links
I use rothenberger plastic pipe cutters which will go up to 40mm dia, grip the pipe in the cutters then twist pipe while tightening so it cuts but doesnt squash, then you should use a chamfer tool which does ID and OD at same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back