Washing Machine Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am hoping someone can help me ?

Our washing machine ( and dishwasher ) have been installed using these single bowl kits - please see attached picture. The washing machine and dishwasher are in different rooms and so a single bowl kit has been used for each appliance.

The drain hose from each of the appliances is connected to the adaptor on the single bowl kit with the hose fitted higher than the adaptor so that water from the single can not run into the appliance - there is a u shaped bracket to do this, which is supplied with each appliance.

However I have read that an air break has to be provided.

I have read about a non return valve called a TeeVent which can be used to do this when the drain is sealed. Please see attached picture.

What I am confused about is whether the way in which our washing machine ( and dishwasher ) have been connected could cause either appliance to be syphoned ?

If I understand this correctly there is an air break through the drain grating in the bottom of the sink as this is open to atmosphere ?

Can anyone please help ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back