Washing machine hot fill from Vokera Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My washing machine pipe recently ruptered at the y splitter on the wall forcing me to isolate it and reconnect it.

When I went to replace it but was struggling due to access and space so I did not refit it as was. My washing machine is a Hotpoint WD860 with both a hot and cold fill.

The old set up had both H&C feeds from the mains cold water service through a single connection with a y-splitter, despite there being a hot feed right beside it.

I have decided to refit it with the hot feed now independantly fitted to teh hot water service which is fed from a Vokera Combi. Since then, I've had intermittent problems iwht my boiler flashing on low pressure. This arises fairly randomly and most commonly if not only when the upstairs shower (ie. highest point) is running. This occurs even when the washing machine is not on so I'm unsure why having the washing amchine fitted, but not operational at the time, would affect things - can you help?

Is is ok to fit a hot fill washing machine from a combi? Is this just an intermittement issue with mains pressure perhaps?

Thanks, GB

Sponsored Links
Nowt to do with the washing machine or the mains water unless you have a problem with the plate heat exchanger which is doubtful.

What does the pressure guage on the front of the boiler read? Needs to be approx 1 bar cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back