washing machine new or what

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.Is there anybody who has bought new washing machine recently can shead some light on our concerns.We have recently bought a brand new washing machine from a well known retail shop.delivery men were seen taking machine out off packaging in the truck.machine was delivered in without packaging.When drum was opened i found all the papers in there without properly sealed in plastic bag as usual. all papers were damp,where i got suspicious.I checked the rubber seal around drum ,there is sign of fresh water.Soap compartment also had water in it.We had exactly same problem with same retailer before ,only difference that time it had soap in soap compartment.They were saying then and now that they test these machines which i don't believe.We have bought washing machines from different retailers before but never had signs of water in them.Is it normal to have water in washing machines as they say they are tested.First instance machine was exchanged with another one ,no sighn of water.I have talked to friends and family .Only this retailer seems to deliver machines with water in them ,not in all of them.Any suggestens.

Sponsored Links
Some manuals have a warning printed in them regarding this.
All machines are leak tested at factory. Short of pulling it to bits and drying it out there will always be some water left in them. It only needs carriers or delivery men to put the machine on it's side for the water to come up from the sump back into the machine.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back