Washing Machine No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

My washing machine stopped when it was going through a cycle, so I tried to restart the machine, then it blacked out and lost power and I havent been able to turn the power back on the machine, when I press the button nothing happens?

The machine is a Simpson ezoset 605 if that matters.

I read somewhere on the internet that it could be the power fuse? What do you think and where do I find this?

Thanks,
Kerrie

P.S. I have checked the power source at the wall and it works :)

Sponsored Links
I had never heard of this brand but apparently it's a toploader made by the Electrolux group. To trace a fault like this you start at the power flex and work inward. Usually the first item the flex goes to is the mains filter which is there to prevent your machine causing interference on TVs and radios. You may well find that looks burnt or damaged in some way. If that looks OK you then check the On/Off switch, after that you could check for burnt bits in the wiring, circuit boards etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back