Washing machine not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looked at a washing machine at my parents house. When a program is selected water should normally start to enter the drum then after a few seconds the drum should start to turn.
What's happening now is no water is entering the drum and the drum turns immediately upon said program selection.
I've checked the cold and hot water in solenoids, both are fine. I've also checked voltage to them and find they don't even power up.
These seem to be fed directly from the programmer so assumption is that the programmer has gone faulty.
Also tried a spin program which obviously doesn't call for water. Drum turns slowly but never hits any real speed.

Is there anything else I may have overlooked?

Sponsored Links
You don't state make and model but I would think it has to do with the hose going to the water pressure switch or the switch. with no make or model I cant advise where to locate these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back