Washing machine not starting every time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am new here so would appreciate some advice. My Zanussi washing machine ZWF16070W does not always start first time. It may take up to twenty attempts before it starts. After that it works fine for further washes, but the following day will not start again. All the lights come on as normal, the usual gurgling and water draining go on prior to the wash starting and then nothing. There is no LED display on this model so no error codes. I changed the brushes a year or more back.
Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a dodgy door switch. Have you tried opening and closing the door, making sure the handle spring is working properly etc?

Yes, made sure the door is closed, and the light comes on to say so. This problem only started last week, which I at first put down to the cold weather. (It has been wet all summer up here in the north so I discounted damp as the cause). The door interlock is an easy fix, but I don't want to do it if the fault could lie elsewhere.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back