washing machine overfills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washer has started to overfill. I suspected it was the water level sensor. I checked the hose and cleaned it to make sure there were no obstructions, the valve does not leak and the diaphram seems to work (holds pressure when pumped). So I put it back together and it worked....but the next day it overfilled again. Since this is a 20 year old machine and the water level switch is close to $100 USD I am hesitant to buy it and not solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
by the pipe do you mean the rubber hose attatched to the tub?? I checked this for leaks and replaced the hose clamps, as well as cleaning it out in case there was an obstruction.

hey come on "20 years old" go and buy a new one,you have had more than double the life of most washers..

Sponsored Links
you should also check the "bottle" that the pressure switch is connected to, they too get full of old soap and consequently get blocked

Where might I find the bottle on a Sears' Kenmore Washing machine (late model, only a few years old).

I called it a "bottle" as it has various names it is on the other end of the pipe that the pressure switch is connected to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back