Washing Machine Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How to diagnose a washing machine using a forum, hmmmm is that even possible

Anyway here goes, hopefully some kind sole will advise "buy or repair"

Turning on washing machine today caused the Main Ring to trip cutting all power to the whole house, on resetting the switch, washing machine comes on as normal, select 40* press start, it makes the usual noise as if its going to start kind of like a thumping noise from inside but nothing happens.......

Only other info is the machine takes all the powder from the tray

Servis 8Kg 1400AA

A new washing machine is about £180, if a repair on this is likely to go over £100 then I would rather buy a new one

Any help is much appreciated

Sponsored Links
been having a fiddle with all the buttons to see if I can gather more info

Almost every function on the dial only stays on for a few seconds, this may be the moment the drums needs to be spun hence it stops which would hint at being the MOTOR, or is there some kind of MATRIX BOARD which controls the MOTOR, as I said in original post our electricity did get tripped

Is it normal for the electricity to be tripped when either the MOTOR or MATRIX BOARD go faulty?

Model numbers and product numbers help people to advise you better.

First off Servis went bust over 2 years ago (2008). Spares for the machines can be hard to get as can tech info. I have however seen recent kit not badged Servis but is Servis.

Does the inner drum feel loose when lifted by the inner top lip or rumble when you spin it.
Check motor brushes for wear and shorting out.
Check heater for continuity or short circuit across the lives and or to earth.

Sponsored Links
Can't see a MODEL number, a SN number on the side with a bar code that is all

Inner drum does not feel loose or rumble when I spin it its all very smooth

How easy is it to replace the PC board and what would it cost to buy one? rough guess

A repair in this case may not be the best solution as this is only a cheap machine anyway, was bought in August 2008

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back