Washing machine query. 2 basic questions ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello... first time on this website after finding it via google!

I have 2 points I'd like to ask for help with please:

a) i have a combi boiler and am thinking of having a washing machine installed (fed up going to the launderette)!! The one I fancy buying is a hot and cold fill type. Is this OK to run with a combi boiler, as the water is instant and not stored? what will it mean, if i wash my hands when the machine is running/will it stop it from filling properley? Just wanted some advice on this.

b) second point - does the washing machine hose outlet have to be hooked up at a high level if connected to a trap from the sink waste or does it just clip onto the end of the spigot? i am concerned maybe water from the sink when emptied away could enter the washing machine, and possibly vice versa??

Sponsored Links
Doubtful that a washer sold today needing hot and cold is decent quality.
Instructions for outlet connection usually come with washer.

No great problem with combi, but IMHO I would not connect it to the hot water.
When filling and you were in the shower/bath it may be a problem.
I would buy a 'Y' connection from B&Q or wherever, connect to the cold only and have the two hoses from the washing machine being cold fed.

As long as the waste is higher than the highest water fill line /trap level should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back