Washing machine standpipe trap under floorboards, is it possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I come across a kitchen design that doesn't give much room for manoeuvre and I have to run the new washing machine waste under the floorboards.
Rather than use a conventional standpipe and trap with compression fittings, can I build my own with solvent weld fittings so to have no chance (or should I say less chance) of a leak?

Sponsored Links
Of course you could but a trap isn't just for the water seal, it is so it can also be cleaned if and when needed. That needs to be kept in mind.

I know, but being under the floor it will never be accessed directly.
If needed to be cleaned it would have to be rodded.

Why don't you think you can have a trap above the floor?

Sponsored Links
Because there's a brick step in the wall behind the wm and space just for a standpipe in a corner, but not for the trap.
I don't want to start breaking walls as i'm sure it would uncover more trouble.
I thought that maybe I could do the standpipe and trap with 50mm weld pipes so to avoid any potential blockage and make rodding easier if needed.
What do you think?

How about a Hep V O waterless "trap" in the upstand part just above the floor ?

Didn't think of that.
Thanks.
It will work a treat.
I'll go for this one:
You'll need a Mc Alpine 40mmT31U to adapt the threaded end so both ends go onto pipe. Product code 72306. Job's a good un (y) PS when you do the pipework use swept bends - not those **** 90 degree things that can catch debris

You'll need a Mc Alpine 40mmT31U to adapt the threaded end so both ends go onto pipe. Product code 72306. Job's a good un (y) PS when you do the pipework use swept bends - not those **** 90 degree things that can catch debris
Definitely.
Done quite a lot of plumbing labouring and stole lots of secrets. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back