Washing machine tripping electricity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve recently had a problem with my Hoover washing machine where the drum stopped turning but the timer continued to countdown through the selected wash programme.

As a novice, using this forum amongst others, I identified the carbon brushes as needing replacing. They were low when removed.

Not able to get a direct replacement I got a ‘universal’ product from elsewhere and seems a pretty good fit, and drum is spinning again!

But now having an issue when the programme gets in to the rinse section that it trips the electricity at the board. Hasn’t done it everytime it’s used, but has been reoccurring over the last couple of weeks. Only ever happens in the rinse, not the preceding wash cycle.

Any thoughts/ advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
When you mention electricity are you referring to a circuit breaker or a residual current device?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back