washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine doesn't fill with water. This has just started happening. It will fill with 2 options and only to compartment one, whereas before it filled to compartment 2. It doesn't complete cycles as when it should be filling it just stops. Both fill pipes are fed from the hot water pipe using a Y. I have a bolier that heats the water as it runs through. The dishwasher is connected to the cold watre supply. Is there anythign I can do.

This was a waste of time

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK it's a Smeg. Now how about a model number?

In general, why have you connected it to the hot supply? It can't do any cold rinses nor can it do any washes cooler than your hot water.

Sleepyhead said:
OK it's a Smeg. Now how about a model number?

In general, why have you connected it to the hot supply? It can't do any cold rinses nor can it do any washes cooler than your hot water.

It does'nt have a model number. It was plumbed in by the builder not me. It's only a couple of yers old

It does have a model number. It will be on the machine somewhere, inside the door? inside the filter cover? on the back?
As to the problem you're having you'll need to check the fill hose isn't kinked and that the fill valve is opening.

Sleepyhead said:
It does have a model number. It will be on the machine somewhere, inside the door? inside the filter cover? on the back?
As to the problem you're having you'll need to check the fill hose isn't kinked and that the fill valve is opening.

I give up

Without a make and model it's almost impossible to try and diagnose a problem. Different models have different methods of control and different common faults.

As you didn't provide any information we had to ask for it.

I've pointed out a problem with the way it's connected to the water, I've suggested a possible cause to the problem.
Have you rectified anything, checked anything?

Your response " I give up" makes me wonder why I bother trying to help.

Sleepyhead said:
Without a make and model it's almost impossible to try and diagnose a problem. Different models have different methods of control and different common faults.

As you didn't provide any information we had to ask for it.

I've pointed out a problem with the way it's connected to the water, I've suggested a possible cause to the problem.
Have you rectified anything, checked anything?

Your response " I give up" makes me wonder why I bother trying to help.

You didn;t you were asking questions that didn;t match the scenario. I'll find someone without so match attitude! :evil:

Fact. Make and model are important when trying to diagnose, for the reasons I've tried to explain to you in earlier posts.

Observation made regarding the plumbing arrangements.
Response. "It was the builder".

Fact. General advice given as to a likely cause.
Response. "I give up"

Look closer to home for the attitude. I've tried to assist you and your response has been nothing short of rude.

I have no wish to enter into any further dialogue with you on this or any other matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back