waste connecters for washing machine and dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Fitting my new kitchen from B&Q.

I have to plumb in the waste from the new dishwsher and washing machine.

Is there a connector which will allow the machines to connect to a horizontal run of plastic waste pipe (slight fall built in) that then connects to the waste pipe under the kitchen sink.

Both machines have small plastic hose that the waste comes from so I need a small adaptor that will fit into a straight run of 32mm waste pipe either using solvent weld or compression fitting.

I'm sure this is quite common but I don't know the term. Any help appreciated.

Also please let me know if there is any best practice or guidelines for this sort of things.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
You could 'T' into the plastic drain pipe & make an upstand & then put the hose from the machines into the upstand.

Only option I can think of is this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-drain-out-kit/75883[/QUOTE]
Anyone used this? How does it work? I'm viewing on a mobile so it's not immediately obvious.

I'd rather not have an upstand with a pipe resting in it as both appliances will be integrated under a worktop so I want a fairly secure connection.
With appliances using standard connections I was hoping that a plastic drain-cock type connector existed which I could secure the pipe to using jubilee-clips.

Anyone know of such an adaptor?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
How about http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-tw477-dual-sink-wash-trap-40mm/33137 topped off with a 40mm air admittance valve in the open end?
That looks just the job! Except the appliances will be connected to a run of waste pipe which connects to the waste under the sink so I need the piping to run horizontally.

What I may do is buy 2 of these, take the top pieces off and fit them as inline adaptors in the run of waste pipe with a trap further down the run (one trap for both appliances) before it connects to the waste pipe under the sink.

Can anyone foresee a problem with this?

If I could draw a diagram that would be helpful...

EDIT: This is what I want

View media item 40407

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back