Waste Disposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know any waste disposal companies within a 20 mile radius of Cannock or Lichfield in Staffordshire that will let you take your van full of building waste and charge by the van load and how much they charge? Every company I have spoken to seem to think that waste has turned into gold the amount they want per van load!

Sponsored Links
the other point is that is works out a lot cheaper to take the rubbish via van than to hire a skip, i havent got a waste carrying license and i am aware that u need one to carry waste but im sure im not the only one that doesnt do it to the letter in the trade

Sponsored Links
We either hire the appropriate sized skip or use grab-loaders for dig-out spoil.

I have never driven a van to the local muni' tip and can not see the point wasting time doing so.

Can you not park a large skip at home then fill this? Or ask your customers to either hire a skip or deal with their own waste?

What is it you are wishing to get rid of?

to be honest the customer has always dealt with waste but ive started doing work for a landlord that owns a few houses and its little jobs on each but the waste obviously builds up and ive asked her to get a skip a few times on jobs but she didnt want to pay out the money because she knew a bloke that could dispose of it and it was a lot cheaper so ive lost out on a few jobs and dont wanna lose any more off her just because i cant dispose of the waste

Have you looked at Hippo bags? Not as economical as a skip, but very convenient.

I doubt many waste disposals companies will accept commercial vehicles without paperwork and a waste carriers licence. These sites are inspected by the Environment Agency, Waste operators risk prosecution accepting any loads without the correct paperwork. Be warned if the EA see you there they'll likely prosecute you as well.

right ok i can see im not gonna get anywhere with this one so can anyone tell me anywhere in the midlands that do a good deal on skips?

I doubt many waste disposals companies will accept commercial vehicles without paperwork and a waste carriers licence. These sites are inspected by the Environment Agency, Waste operators risk prosecution accepting any loads without the correct paperwork. Be warned if the EA see you there they'll likely prosecute you as well.

all depends who declares the waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back