waste for downstairs loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a cloakroom loo, The soil stack is close by. Can someone tell me how deep to make the connection for the new waste. Thanks in advance anybody?

To rephrase the question!

How much fall do i need from the toilet waste to the new boss in the stack? Cheers

Sponsored Links
I think you'll need to re-phrase this question. I for one can't understand it. Any chance of a diagram?

Be aware that installing/forming a new loo & foul drain connection is controlled building work, is notifyable (to your LABC), is subject to several Building Regulations & will, in all probability, require inspection & certification as compliant? ;)

Legalities apart the last time I looked you needed a 1 in 40 fall in 4" pipes so call it 25mm drop for every metre of length. (If I'm wrong I'm sure a host of people will correct me :!: )

You'll need more than a boss. You will have to cut the soil pipe and insert a 92.5 degree "T" branch to connect the new pan to. If you've a W/C connected higher up the stack you'll probably need to insert a slip collar as well if you're to avoid disturbing the higher connection.
This all assumes you've a plastic soil pipe. If it's cast iron I wouldn't advise taking it on as a first project.

Sponsored Links
Legalities apart the last time I looked you needed a 1 in 40 fall in 4" pipes so call it 25mm drop for every metre of length. (If I'm wrong I'm sure a host of people will correct me :!: )

You'll need more than a boss. You will have to cut the soil pipe and insert a 92.5 degree "T" branch to connect the new pan to. If you've a W/C connected higher up the stack you'll probably need to insert a slip collar as well if you're to avoid disturbing the higher connection.
This all assumes you've a plastic soil pipe. If it's cast iron I wouldn't advise taking it on as a first project.
Legalities aside, I think that about covers it --- for the stack connection ;)

Your best bet here is to read Part H of the Building Regs, I have become well aquanted with it today :LOL:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADH_2002.pdf[/QUOTE]

I have installed lots of loo`s, but never on ground floor with new connection.
I just wanted to be sure to do it the right way.
From the building regs i can see the fall is enough not to go below ground level. Therefore a simple T with incline is all i require.

This is exactly what i needed. Thank you so much. [/b]

And thank you all for your expertise on this matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back