Waste pipe coming out chimney down into soil waste pipe....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This has been confusing me....

Recently bought an ex council house which has been altered many times over the years. I went into the loft and noticed that connected in the side of the chimney stack was a plastic waste pipe which goes down through the ceiling into the room below. The room below has an ensuite with a shower, toilet and sink. The waste pipe from the chimney seems to connect into the main waste pipe which the toilet, shower etc is connected to.

Now, I just cant understand why at some point someone has added a waste style pipe into the side of the chimney. Surely it never had it before so why would someone add it?

I will take some pictures later and see what you people reckon.

abit confused :confused:

Sponsored Links
probably........but if some stray flatus gets into the flue.....and a fire is alight :eek: :p

Heres some pics

Photo0129.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is this an unused chimney?

If so, is it possible that someone has concocted a means of collecting water coming down the chimney (implying that the top isn't weather proof)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back