Waste pipe for pressure relief under sink heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I no there are strick regs on the material on the waste pipe for a pressure and temperature relief on a large over 15litre unvented cylinder. But the small under sink ones there is not as they just have a pressure relief. Is that right? So it can just go in to pushfit waste via a hepvo trap.

Sponsored Links
Quote from the Wavin website

"Exclusions: The HepVO® should not be used for uncontrolled high temperature discharges such as from pressure-only relief valves (i.e. not incorporating a temperature relief valve)."

I'd say that's a no!

I wouldn't consider using any form of pushfit waste pipework on an unvented of any size

AIUI the installation regulations are the same, it's just that under 15 litres the installation is not notifiable to Building Control and does not need an annual inspection.

Sponsored Links
So should be solvent weld if using plastic. And with its own connection to the main drain.ie not tee d in to any other wastes?

So should be solvent weld if using plastic. And with its own connection to the main drain.ie not tee d in to any other wastes?

Sounds good.

You don't want to be sitting on the bidet when the pressure relief backfeeds up a shared tee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back