Waste Pipe Setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing waste pipe running from my garage into the drain outside which I'm planning to replace for a number of reasons.

1) The run isn't particularly direct, running about 1.5m along the inside of the garage wall, through to the outside, and then runs back on itself outside. I don't know why it was fitted this way but if it was taken straight through the garage wall it would be more aesthetic from both sides as well as being around 3m shorter and with 4-5 less bends.

2) I have a heat pump tumble which I'd like to drain externally to save emptying the bottle constantly.

3) My boiler condensate pipe is leaking on an elbow underneath the boiler. This isn't a significant leak and I've ignored it for now as it's in the garage, but I'd like to replace this pipe while I'm doing the other work.

My intention is to fit a running P trap for the two appliances, into this I will connect a tee followed by a bend, to give me two vertical standpipes. Does this sound sensible or is there a better way to achieve two standpipes without a multitude of fittings?

I'm not sure how the boiler is currently plumbed in as it's currently behind the washing machine, but I'm assuming I can add another tee to the setup I've just described, followed by a 40-21.5mm reducer to take the overflow pipe from the boiler? Assuming that sounds right, should the boiler connection also go through the running P trap or should I connect it after the trap so the boiler goes straight to the drain?

Any other considerations?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back