Water Butt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new water butt which I need to connect to the drain pipe next to my kitchen. Is there any definite do's or don'ts as regards fitting it. The instructions seem straightforward but should I take the drain pipe of the wall first (it's about ten feet long), fit the diverter, and then replace it or try and fit it while the pipe is still on the wall?

Sponsored Links
When I fitted my water butt I cut the drain pipe in situ, it had enough movement that I could get the diverter in easily enough.
If the drain pipe isn't co-operating, just temporarily undo one of the pipe clips.

I have an angle grinder, and a diamond blade or a thin metal blade will happily cut the down pipe. If you use a wood saw etc, then put a small piece of wood under the pipe to keep it rigid, and then it will cut quite easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back