Water damage repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my friend has had some really bad luck regarding burst pipes. They've saturated the walls and the plaster has blown. He also had a rising damp issue in the same areas funnily enough.

A plasterer really messed up the year before and the rising damp was in the process of returning. So that in itself was sending my mate over the edge!

We've stripped everything back to bare brickwork, the burst pipes have been repaired, we injected Dryzone damp proof cream and the driers have now done their bit. We've been given a drying certificate so now ready to re-render.

Firstly we are going to spray the walls with anti sulphate solution then re-render using Sika1 waterstop.

I know its going over the top (as another plaster said normal integral waterproofer would suffice) but we just want to make sure the jobs done properly this time. I know Sika1 waterstop is used to tank swimming pools
so nothing should get through!?

Have we missed anything?????

:confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back