water damaged asbestos tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have removed my old sink and my kitchen floor is asbestos tiled. Under the sink they are water damaged. A few have crumbled edges and the rest are whole but bowed and no longer stuck down.

What's the best course of action? Wet down and clear the area into a bag or is this not a good idea?

Sponsored Links
before you do anything you need to find a waste centre that will accept them. not good having a bag of asbestos tiles sitting around : /

Yeh I had some taken away before so have someone who will take them. Just wondered if the water damage makes them more dangerous as the other ones that were removed were dry and just came up on there own.

These ones are mainly whole as well just water damaged and two have few bits broken of them

Sponsored Links
Dont sweat it - all this media nonsense about the terrifying dangers of any asbestos anywhere in the house.

Just wear gloves and a mask/respirator and scrape the tiles up, then scrape the floor clean. Bag all debris in builder's rubble bags, and dispose responsibly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back