water Disease

Sponsored Links
what you are doing is the norm with commercial buildings where there are the little or not used tap and shower outlets as per L8 water regs. it does seem a waste of water but if somebody went down with legionella then the sh1t would hit the fan (HSE). Only option is to rip out oulets that aren't used and cap them off without leaving any deadlegs.

what you are doing is the norm with commercial buildings where there are the little or not used tap and shower outlets as per L8 water regs. it does seem a waste of water but if somebody went down with legionella then the s**t would hit the fan (HSE). Only option is to rip out oulets that aren't used and cap them off without leaving any deadlegs.

I think I get your drift but what's a deadleg ?We used to give each other deadlegs at school

A dead leg is a section of live pipe work that has been capped off and therefore water is in the pipe but does not flow through the pipe. This becomes a risk as it can stagnate and harbour bacteria like legionella and pseudenosa arginosa. As the pipe is still connected to the rest of the system it could contaminate the rest of it.

Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
A dead leg is a section of live pipe work that has been capped off and therefore water is in the pipe but does not flow through the pipe. This becomes a risk as it can stagnate and harbour bacteria like legionella and pseudenosa arginosa. As the pipe is still connected to the rest of the system it could contaminate the rest of it.

Hope that helps

Cheer's neither plumb I sound nasty I'll watch out for them

It all depends on your water heat. If your hot water is around 60degrees then the tank is a danger... Water needs to hit 60 to 90 degrees to prevent legionella. Best having instant hot water multipoint heating and doing away with any storage vessels which is where the problem comes from.
I used to manage GP surgeries and we used to have water testing yearly but no water running routines due to the instant hot water system.

Legionella won't survive for long if the water is above 60° and will be killed off immediately at 70°.

It all depends on your water heat. If your hot water is around 60degrees then the tank is a danger... Water needs to hit 60 to 90 degrees to prevent legionella

complete crap, which is why a cylinder stat is set to 60 to prevent bacteria growth

Today I said its a wast of water and I am not doing it any more! you stand more chance of getting runover than getting legionella,there are people in the world who have no water, I think people should start saying no use yer common .........H&S they will tell us what to wear on a tuesday next!!!!!!Sack me then :evil:
After an outbreak of legionaires disease in our area several years ago, there were 8 deaths caused by some pillock like you who was not carrying out maintenance work he had been instructed to do & deservedly ended up in prison. If you feel that wasting a few litres of water is more precious than someones life I suggest you leave your employment & allow someone who will do the job properly take your place.

Your all talking about how to solve the hot water problem, what about the cold?

Surly if it's a large house cold water will stay in the pipes for a while.

Your all talking about how to solve the hot water problem, what about the cold?

Surly if it's a large house cold water will stay in the pipes for a while.

It is dormant at lower temps.

It's pretty rare to contract Legionaires disease from anything other than the suspended particles of water mist, a shower is the perfect place to catch it. Supposedly you can drink gallons of infected water as long as it doesn't enter your lungs as a mist.

Ironically the OP has more chance of contracting it as he is probably standing about scratching his balls in the rooms where he runs all these taps. :)

Sponsored Links
Back