Water drain question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought an old farm property that has been renovated. The original property used a cesspit for drainage, located some way off the house near the barns. During the renovation, they fitted a new Kingspan Klargester bio disc septic tank system for the drains with all new piping. I'm currently doing some work on the barns, and we had to dig out the garden to T the cold water feed.

During this I found out that for the grey water waste that comes from the kitchen sink and washing machine, they've joined into the pipe that carries the run off water from the roof drains etc, and this just discharges into a field away from the house.

I guess this is wrong ? and the grey water should discharge into the septic tank system ?

All the water waste and foul waste from the bathroom go into the septic tank.

As I'm digging everything up it's not too much trouble to re-route them

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Running grey water waste into the fields used to be the normal method in many hot countries where their crops needed all the water they could get. Definitely not here, though!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back