New Septic Tank and plumbing

MB1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am installing a new septic tank and associated pipe work from scratch in a bungalow. I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

1) What gradient should I use for Foul water pipes and Grey water pipes?
2) I intend to have the Foul and Grey water falling into their own individual vertical stacks that are vented to above the roof line. Do I nee any other vents in the pipe/tank system?
3) The house is built on a terrace with about 10 meters between the front of the house to the edge of the terrace. The septic tank needs a 'soakaway' pit for the runoff water. Using British regs how close to the house can I build the foul water soakaway?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
A little bump on this thread..

We are looking at a property and installing a septic tank, and were told it was a minimum 7m but we have 6.5m!

Have seen online that it can be up to the owners discretion, or even 2m plus from a house/bungalow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back