Septic tank to sewage pump set?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating a house that is built on a steep slope so some of the sewage, top floor with 1 bath, 1 kitchen and 2 loos, goes to the public sewer and some, lower 2 floors which will total when renovated 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and 3 loos, goes to a septic tank. Currently roof surface water is split 30%/60% respectively which I know is not good for the septic tank so am planning new soakaways for that.

Not sure about the reality of running with the septic tank so I'm wondering if I should convert the tank into a pumped sewage system to lift the sewage up the hill and into the main drains. Lift will be about 15m.

Any thoughts on the need or practicality of this?

Another thought is divert all the drains into the septic tank and reduce my charges from SWWater but incur additional tank emptying frequency.

I'm not sure which way might be best! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back