Water drip from main fuse box

Dial the emergency number for your DNO, your DNO not your supplier. If you do not know the number it WILL be on your bill
That's not true. I was on a 'training course' regarding the industry markets and asked the question of the experts. The industry/watchdog have decided that the Supplier shall be the single point of contact to customers. No DNO information should be provided on the bill.

It's all to avoid confusion apparently. When you call the said supplier they are of course trained and competent to direct your call to the appropriate DNO for your area.

Sponsored Links
It's all to avoid confusion apparently. When you call the said supplier they are of course trained and competent to direct your call to the appropriate DNO for your area.

Which is why the one I work for has just started a huge publicity campaign to let customer's know to call us for any loss of supply or system emergency.

Which is also, no doubt, why the ENA lists the DNO contact details in case of emergency and not supplier details.

Sponsored Links
I'm the OP and just thought I'd give a follow up in case anyone's interested. The engineer came and did the check on time as promised. I don't know what a DNO is, but I called the number on my bill and he arrived in 2 hours after driving 30 miles through a storm so I can't fault the service. However, he too was puzzled and isn't sure what's going on. He took apart the cut out and it appeared dry, as did the wires leading into it at the top. But water is dripping out the bottom so obviously it's getting in somewhere. He's sending someone else round later to replace the cut out and do further checks. He conceded the leak into the cable itself is a possibility but I get the feeling he wants to rule out other stuff before replacing cable as I assume that's a more complicated task. So, that's where we are for now. Thanks to all for the replies. If anything interesting develops I'll add to this post in case it helps anyone else.

I'm the OP and just thought I'd give a follow up in case anyone's interested. The engineer came and did the check on time as promised. I don't know what a DNO is...
Thanks for the update. DNO = Distribution Network Operator - the company responsible for the actual electricity supply network in your area and its connection to your house.
So, that's where we are for now. Thanks to all for the replies. If anything interesting develops I'll add to this post in case it helps anyone else.
That would be good. It's better to post a new message (rather than adding to your existing one) with any further information, otherwise some people might miss it.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back