Fuse Box Come Away From Wall

Sponsored Links
But what about the pics of the wife & the car? :)

Yes would be nice.
Years back there was a poster on here dressed quite revealingly in her posts, though I think she may have actually been a dressed up he :)

Sponsored Links
OH don't forget to mention the years of training, the massive library of standards, your test equipment etc.

So how much would you guys want to charge someone to put some screws in the wall?

Sorry for the lack of response. Been a bit busy the past couple of days. I'll do as a couple suggested and turn it off at the main red switch and carefully reattach it to the wall with plasterboard fixings tomorrow. I've got some decent cavity wall anchors.
I did contact the installer who said that as I'd put his family's life at risk by posting his home (registered as his business) address on the website I set up, I had a cheek to ask him to replace a few loose screws that had probably come loose due to "renovations or wear and tear." When I pointed out that his address was on there to distinguish his business from others of the same name and that his address is on his own website, Facebook, other listings websites such as Yell, etc and that he'd put my family's life at risk by incorrectly fitting the consumer unit, his response was, "F**k off you pr**k." It seems I struck a nerve.

Sorry for the lack of response. Been a bit busy the past couple of days. I'll do as a couple suggested and turn it off at the main red switch and carefully reattach it to the wall with plasterboard fixings tomorrow. I've got some decent cavity wall anchors.

Could you maybe cut a suitable piece of 10mm ply, to slip in behind it, then fix it to that and the ply to the wall with better fixings?

I did contact the installer who said that as I'd put his family's life at risk by posting his home (registered as his business) address on the website I set up, I had a cheek to ask him to replace a few loose screws that had probably come loose due to "renovations or wear and tear." When I pointed out that his address was on there to distinguish his business from others of the same name and that his address is on his own website, Facebook, other listings websites such as Yell, etc and that he'd put my family's life at risk by incorrectly fitting the consumer unit, his response was, "F**k off you pr**k." It seems I struck a nerve.

A strange response from him, he could have simply got in touch, apologised and offered to correct the problem for free - had he a reputation worth protecting.

Could you maybe cut a suitable piece of 10mm ply, to slip in behind it, then fix it to that and the ply to the wall with better fixings?

I was going to suggest the same - could glue the board in with no more nails etc. then screw onto that.

I was going to suggest the same - could glue the board in with no more nails etc. then screw onto that.

I'll just secure it with some cavity fixings. I may even have some GripIt ones. It won't come off with those. My bathroom wall cabinet has been on 18 months with those and has shown no sign of moving.

Just make sure that any content is hosted in the USA. Section 230, and the First means that he would have to convince a US judge to take down your site. You can point a .co.uk domain name at a US server with ease.

Where did you get such good prices for the domain name from though?

I understand why you are annoyed with him but might it not have been prudent to warn him that you were going to name and shame him in the hope of coercing him to do the right thing? Now you have some guy that will assume that any negative feedback on the web is down to you.

BTW

What is the domain name in question?

OH don't forget to mention the years of training, the massive library of standards, your test equipment etc.

So how much would you guys want to charge someone to put some screws in the wall?
£60 call out and first half hour..then £45 per hour after that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back