Water dripping through thermostatic shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

My bathroom's thermostatic shower valve (a standard one with BLUE flow control on the left and RED temperature control on the right) is leaking at the rate of 1 drop per 2 seconds when the tap (blue one on the left) is completely shut.

It did not use to do this before but over the past week, even when I shut the tap fully, water keep dripping from the shower head at the rate of 1 drop per 2 seconds..

Is there a way to stop this leak or re-adjust the thermostatic shower valve so it actually shuts completely when closed?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Sponsored Links
'A standard one' doesn't really narrow it down! A picture would be a good idea.

You will probably need to partially dismantle the valve to replace an O ring (available from good plumber's merchants). You may be able to achieve this with the valve in situ, or you may need to remove it.

Depends which 'standard' one it is.

I've attached a few images so to give you an idea what type of thermostatic shower valve it is.
Please check and advise whether it is still an O ring that I need to get from plumbers' merchants and whether I need to take the valve off to replace it.

Please note that these are not actual images of my shower valve. Mine has a sort of cap on the extreme left (on the Left hand side of BLUE flow control knob) but neither I know if I can prise the cap off nor about what's inside the cap...

Cheers... View media item 1328 View media item 1329

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back