Water feature radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening. I have recently fitted a very large, designer (apparently!) style radiator in a hallway, in place of an already existing much smaller radiator. The system is a newly installed Baxi combi system with in a two storey semi with nine other radiators. There is nothing unusual about the set up at all, except the new rad which measures 1 metre wide by two metres tall and weighs a ton, especially when full!

The issue I have is that the new rad is making a quite loud trickling noise when the heating is on.

The new rad and all of the other radiators warm up a treat, all over, with no cold patches etc.

The system has been bled, several times and is devoid of any escaping air and yet still the noise persists.

The problem radiator bleeds water as soon as I open the valve.

I assume that there still must be air in the system somewhere, due to the hugeness of the designer rad.

Any other ideas on what else it could be and how cure it or is it a case of perseverance, keep bleeding the water out until you get air?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
How long has it been there? It can take a while, but things should go quiet.

Hi Chris. It's been in place for about ten days now.

Is it a case of repeated bleeding and topping up until it goes quiet or is there something else that can be done?

James

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but could be design or construction flaw

Sponsored Links
I kept telling this lady that the pressure might have to be topped up each day until all the air had dispersed or dissolved.

After the third day she started getting quite paranoid!

It only stabilised after SIX days at which point she apologised and said how pleased she was with the repaired installation following her bad experiences with the Glow Worm/vaillant/Homeserve muppets.

Tony

do the pipes go to the bottom of the rad, opposite sides, or is there a pipe at the top?

where is the bleed nipple?

JohnD, both flow and return enter at the bottom the rad and the bleed nipple is right in the top right hand side.

I haven't altered the valves either sideas yet so I may have a go at that next althugh the water sounds as if it's "falling" i.e from top to bottom!

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back