Water filter not working, fitting required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the water filter stopped working, traced it back to the self piercing valve the guy installed when fitting the filter / water softener / kitchen, seems the valve is clogged with scale or something so I have plugged this off.The only other place I can tee off from the mains is below the isolation valve for the inlet to the water softener, from this tee I can then feed the water filter, problem is the pipework has a 15mm female connector going to isolation valve, on the other end of the valve is the 3/4 hose connector going to the softener. What I need is a 15mm tee piece with male 1 end and female the other, will stick a 15mm x 1/4" push fit connector on the tee, is their such a beast as a 15mm Tee with male / female connections, maybe need to buy in chrome rather than copper ???

Sponsored Links
I notice there is a check valve isolating the softened water side although there are 1/4 turn valves in the system. I would like to put a tee in the inlet line to the water softener and use that tee to run through the water filter, that should be ok?. I should really make a better job of the manifold that comes off the mains isolation valve because that area has the self piercing valve in it, would be good to get rid of equipment that is now no use, trouble us i would need to break the 15mm connection on top of the isolation valve but i think is best to leave that valve well alone, mess that up and am goosed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back