water from chimney/loft?...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year when it snowed, I noticed what I think is damp coming through the wall. Roofer took a look and blamed a broken tile on the roof which has since been replaced.

Whole area of the wall was repainted but after a few months, per the picture, a mark is reappearing.

When I go into the loft, I cannot see or feel anything above it which could be causing this. Any ideas anyone please?

Attachments

• View recent photos.jpg
    View recent photos.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Depends how much rain penetrated , can take many months or even a year or more for damp to leach out.
Loose down pipe over my front door caused a damp patch which took a year to dry out and another 6 months for the salts to stop leaching out before it could be redecorated.

Depends how much rain penetrated , can take many months or even a year or more for damp to leach out.
Loose down pipe over my front door caused a damp patch which took a year to dry out and another 6 months for the salts to stop leaching out before it could be redecorated.

Good to know thank you, hopefully then time is the healer. The roofer showed me the broken tile before the repair, so I know that was an issue. just hopefully it was the thing causing the patch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back