Water getting in window track, please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can I get some help. I’ve had new windows fitted but water is getting in the second track as in the picture I’ve attached. Should water be getting in this track, I know it’s ok for water to get in the track with the weep holes but the second track does not have weep holes and is holding water when it rains, the water is overflowing in there and leaking inside.
Should there be weep holes in the second track?
And how would water be getting in there in the first place?

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpeg
    IMG_2372.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2351.png
    IMG_2351.png
    959 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2352.png
    IMG_2352.png
    884 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
He’s been out 4 times and tried fixing the issue. He’s already siliconed on the exterior where the glass touches the frame (not sure if this is normal to do), siliconed underneath the glass unit by taking out the interior beading (see picture). I would like some help to know if the product is defective and whether water should be filling in the second track so next time he comes round I can try to see if he can replace them one and for all.

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 22
Worth checking the top outside, water can get into the frame and leak out anywhere

Sponsored Links
If he's been out 4 times ...

Put some more pics up showing outside and from a bit further back to show whole window plus some closer up shots of the top, each side and bottom.

That'll give folk a bit more to go on.

Eek, it's duraflex, unfortunately the worst profile out there ( thankfully no longer made ). Is the window installed upright? No idea how the water is getting there and sitting there on such a new window...
It is possible that with recent strong winds and heavy rains that it has been blown back in up the drainage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back