Water getting through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I need some advise please. The front of my house has a flint wall. Quite often this wall gets a lot of driving rain and water is getting through the head of the windows.

The wall is constructed like this...

Two rows of brick then a cavity and then the block work. between the two brick courses there is a damp proof sheet. The heads of the windows are brick arches on the outside only. I took the PVC trim off the window head to expose the arch and there was nothing behind this trim, in fact, there was nothing there at all, i could see the internal concrete lintel. I assumed this was why the windows were leaking so filled the heads with expanding foam, re-fitted the trim and siliconed all round.

Im still getting water dripping through and its soaking the internal lintel. How can the water get through two brick courses and passed the cavity.

Should there be some kind of cavity tray in arch?

Many thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul, It must be dry now, we've had no rain for a few weeks now!

Could the water be coming in from above and running down the inside?

Broken tile? What had me flummoxed recently was a lead valley that had a split where you would expect to find it just over half way up but it was impossible to see it, only when I started trying to move things about did it jump out at me!

Should have gone to spec savers.. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back