Water Hammer in pressure pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have suddenly got a leak, apparently coming from the pipework feeding one of the showers although it only leaks when the shower is actually in use.
Having cut a hole in the ceiling to investigate, it looked like a leak in one of the joints of the pipework and looked pretty simple to repair.
Having drained the system and replaced the part, I turned all the water back on to allow the tank to refill and turned the taps on which were spluttering for a bit. When I then turned on the pump to increase the water pressure, it started making extremely loud banging noises and wouldn't stop until I turned the pump back off. In doing all this, we also found that the leak was still occurring!

Can anyone advise me how to get what I presume is air out of the pressure pump and at least get the system back and working again before I attempt to fix the leak.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
It's the air coming out. I always start with the downstairs taps making sure that they have a steady flow then move up stairs.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back