water hammer in semi-detached, from neighbours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I all , i've had same problem but in a semi detached every time my neighbour used his taps or washing machine i got water hammer anyhow i did all the normal things like turning my stop tap down & making sure there wasn't a air lock. Then i bought 3 water hammer arrestors which fitted under the bath ,back of washer & one before the boiler (cold water pipes) IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.
After a couple of days later i noticed that when my neighbour started running his taps i could feel the water in my cold water pipe just after the top tap ,like it was running .So i bought a 15mm one way non return valve & fitted it just after the stop tap (y)(y)(y)(y):):):):) Magic problem solved

Sponsored Links
Do you have your own water pipes back to the main pipe in the street? Or is it one shared pipe from the street teed off to the two houses. One thing, did he have water hammer when you opened your taps? As you have installed a non-return valve (I assume you have a combi by your description) I would install a 22mm non-return valve and full bore main stop cock. The old stop cock and 15mm non-return valve can rob you of quite a bit of flow.

Now you have a non-return valve, the shock arrestors will be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back