water hammer whem motorised valve is on the hot water side

M

max11

i'm getting water hammer when the motorised valve is switched to the hot water,i got a plumber in and he took the plastic head off the valve and left it on central heating,but i am now getting no hot water just heating.

can anybody help me please

Sponsored Links
cant see the link as a quote kev and I aint writing that lot out.

Sponsored Links
Ever watched football?....Well its bit like the round thing you see them kick around, only more the size of a marble. Oh and its made of rubber.

Hope that helps.

max11 said:
i'm getting water hammer when the motorised valve is switched to the hot water,i got a plumber in and he took the plastic head off the valve and left it on central heating,but i am now getting no hot water just heating.

can anybody help me please
hope he didn`t charge you :eek: Sounds like you need a new 3way valve ;)

could the ball have come loose and gone into the boiler? As the rattle sounds as if it is coming from the boiler (but no noise at all when on central heating.)

if the ball falls off a mid pos valve would you not get both ch and dhw ?
could it be weak springs in the actuator.
ch not coming on on its own as microswitch has not made( needs dhw on )

i take it the actuator is the plastic box part and not a part of the brass valve itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back