Water Heater Timer Replacement Safety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my water heater timer has ceased to work correctly (still works when turning it manually) so I have bought a replacement. I was wondering, there is a red switch between the water heater and timer unit when I turn it off the timer turns off.

Is it safe to replace the timer with just this switched off or do I have to turn the mains off, I would usually just turn the mains off to be safe but I can only replace the unit in the evening. I would prefer if I could just take my time and replace it while the rest of the family carry on normally. Plus I would be able see what I am doing.

Sponsored Links
It is always best to play safe with electricity therefore you need to switch off at the mains.
The red switch is there to switch off the supply to the water heater. Even so if you were to be working on the water heater you would still switch off at the mains, and make sure no one can come along and switch it on whilst you're working .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back