water in me rads but not boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi' drained and refiled but no water in me boiler ..tried bleeding pump water there...theres a drain valve in the pipes behind the boiler but it wont spit any water out. shone a torch up there and you can see the valve moving. also theres a strange looking valve in the same loop dunno what it is or does? any help...am i draining it right in the first place ?
solid floors with a loft conversion..
indirect ..gas...s plan.. thanks..

Sponsored Links
what boiler you got and does the pipework rise from boiler or drop?

hi' its an ideal w2000..the boiler is above the cylinder and pump...the pipes rise into the roof space .but there is a loop with a drain valve in that seems lower than the boiler but i cant get any water from it...
being supid i drained the cylinder and the offending radiator..
in the loft there are 2 vertical bleed pipes which i've done and water comes out... i just don't understand how i can get water back in my radiators but not in the boiler.
the loop seems to be on the lower pipe from the boiler ..any help ?

Sponsored Links
yes.. there appears to be an unusual drain valve in a loop just below the boiler and also a normal drain in the same pipe..neither of these will let anything out..
my friend has a vacuum pump. is it ok to use it on the drain below the boiler ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back